Sunday, September 13, 2009

much more

inspection happened on Thursday. turns out there are termites and the 2nd floor porch is rotting away from water damage. these are not good things. we are waiting to hear back from the sellers as to what they are willing to fix. our realtor says that these are things they will need to fix in order to sell the house ever, so they might as well fix them now while we are willing to buy it. Chris is also optimistic. I, on the other hand, am spiraling into despair. this whole not knowing thing totally doesn't work for me. I need to know exactly what is going on so that I can develop several contingency plans. how can I begin developing these if I do not know what my options are? here are the potential outcomes as I currently see them:

1. sellers agree to fix problems, we continue on as planned - this is obviously the easiest, best, preferable outcome.

2. sellers do not fix problem, we find another house within the $8000 tax credit timeframe and buy it - this doesn't seem very possible to me, since time is already ticking away very quickly. also, I am impatient.

3. sellers do not fix problem, we find another house in several months and do not get the tax credit - this option doesn't please me at all, I really want $8000. if this is the way we have to go, I think I will be even more picky, since time doesn't matter. this might slowly drive me insane and kill me.

3a. we stay at this apartment while we slowly find a house - I am very sick of this place and want out. I am not at all excited by this option.

3b. we move to another apartment while we slowly find a house - I hate moving. this option also doesn't make me very happy.

as you can see, there aren't very many pleasant outcomes to this situation. I don't really know what to think anymore. I would like to just go to sleep and wake up when it is all over. sitting around and waiting is really not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment