Monday, April 5, 2010

tap your sword

so, my birthday was pretty awesome. it was warm, first off. like, amazingly beautiful day. it was as though the plants and trees and flowers started blooming just for me.

I started the day off with free breakfast at Shady Maple with Chris, Steve, and Mike. we went around 8:30 instead of going at the crack of dawn so that Mike could come along, since he wouldn't be able to join us for dinner. when we were finished eating (and Chris was finished vomiting), Chris and I went to the furniture store that is next door. we spent a good long while browsing around at the fancy furniture. we found a sofa and recliner that we might want, but I am still not sure...

on the way home, a guy cut me off. so I rode his bumper for a while until he pulled over to let me pass. that's right, I ran a guy off the road. what a great birthday gift!

when we got home I napped for a while with the windows open and the sunlight streaming in. it was pure bliss. then we went to Staples to buy a new printer as well as some fancy thumbtacks, rubber cement, a three hole punch, and a three hole binder. we got a great deal on the printer. it was originally $200, on sale for $130. we also got $50 off for our old printer and a $10 off coupon. amazing, right?

after that we went over to my parents' house to meet up and go to Red Robin for dinner. I got the same thing I always get - the teriyaki chicken burger. I also had a banana daiquiri and some onion rings. I know what you are thinking - I do still hate onions. I just peel the delicious breading off of the disgusting onion, silly! it's the only way to eat onion rings.

next on the agenda was the White Palm Tavern. all of the guys (except Mike) came out, as well as my sister, Kim, and my co-worker. the food was really delicious, even if it was a little difficult to find the place. and the parking lot was really small. and there was a guy in leather chaps. but other than that guy, the crowd looked mostly normal. I would definitely recommend it, assuming you can find it. I had the pretzellas, a white russian, and a whiskey sour.

after eating our fill, most of us went back to SteveMikeBobby's house. there I had a jello shot (which was pretty weird) and a giant grasshopper. I was feeling pretty good by the end of the night. then we went home and slept.

I was supposed to go to church with my mum the next day (Easter), but I wasn't really feeling up to it at 7:30 in the morning. after all, I went to bed after 3:00 - four and a half hours of sleep? not nearly enough! so instead my mum picked me up on her way home from church around 10:30. still not enough sleep, but better. she made me delicious french toast for breakfast, then I sat around and watched TV with them until it was time to go to my aunt's house for Easter dinner. everything was really amazing, and we got to sit outside in the nice weather. and I got to participate in an Easter egg hunt. I have not done this in years! it was a good day. it was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment