Chris had to work late tonight, so I went to my parents' house for dinner. My dad had told me that there would be a spooky Halloween menu, but I wasn't prepared for just how awesome our dinner truly was. When I got there, they were still putting the finishing touches on the main course - snake calzones!
Isn't that just the cutest thing? The eyes are olives, the tongue is pepperoni, and the skin is colored with butter and green food dye.
They looked pretty gruesome after they'd been cut up!
With the snake calzones we had witches' fingernails (Bugles) and brains (macaroni salad with red food coloring).
For dessert we had pumpkin, pumpkin filled, and autumn sprinkle Dunkin Donuts...
...with a special spooky beverage - boiled blood!
It was white hot chocolate with red food dye. It ended up looking more pink than red, but I think it's still pretty spooky!
Happy Halloween everyone!
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Monday, October 21, 2013
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Sunday, October 13, 2013
This week I:
- ate the most amazing dessert ever.
- saw a festive grocery store display.
- ate a whole king size Nutrageous bar at once.
- enjoyed a beautiful sunset.
- experienced some nostalgia (can you believe the original Disgaea came out TEN YEARS AGO?!).
- bought a marine animal.
- enjoyed some fall decor.
- started a new house project.
- caught a spider.
- ate more crap food.
- completed my second 5k.
- saw a weird cricket.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
This song kind of embodies a lot of things I'm feeling right now. I'm in this place between looking forward to the future but still longing for the past. It's strange to think about how many different versions of myself have existed, and how many are yet to come that I probably can't even imagine from where I'm standing. Is that too weird?
17 Crimes - AFI
Sunday, October 6, 2013
This week I:
- Made some tomato soup with garden fresh tomatoes.
- Witnessed a cat stack.
- Saw more signs of autumn.
- Relived my Dynamic Deliveries days.
- Was struck again by how beautiful the morning can be.
- Enjoyed our late blooming porch flowers.
- Watched Kim almost win some cheese.
- Went to the orchard with some dear friends.